Thursday, November 27, 2008

Inspiring moment for the day

No, this has nothing to do with Thanksgiving, other than I wanted to share with my readers an inspiring moment from history.

It just so happens that hubby & I watched Seabiscuit last night; what an incredible story. Laura Hillenbrand's book, "Seabiscuit: An American Legend" has been on my 'must read list' for a while. Much to my surprise, I found a clip from the actual match race in 1938 between the small underdog, Seabiscuit (1933-47) and War Admiral (1934-59), a Triple Crown Winner, on YouTube this morning. Even if you aren't a horse racing fan, I think you might find a wee treasure of inspiration from this "little horse that could" by reading about him and how he encouraged a nation during the years of the Great Depression.

I wish you all joy and inspiration this Thanksgiving Day!







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails