Monday, February 7, 2011

Women to Women Program - Hormonal Health part VI



Thirty days have past since I first began the Women to Women program and all seems well enough. It’s probably not the best 30 days to evaluate this program as I’ve had an unexpected factor to add to the equation - some personal difficulties that brought excessive stress. Although some might say that would prove an excellent test. Any thoughts I had of a ‘super supplement’ delivering me from the pain of emotional turmoil was dashed. I know, how silly.

The truth is, prior to my upheaval two weeks ago I was doing pretty well. The recommended dose is two packets of the vitamins and two Herbal Equilibrium per day. One dose with breakfast, the second with lunch. Starting on January 5th, I only took one packet per day because I wanted to ease into the new routine and test the waters slowly. When I discovered my body was agreeable to the supplements, I gradually increased to two packets per day beginning around January 19th. I’m in a good habit now. Leaving the vitamins on the kitchen counter where I see them first thing in the morning has helped.

So far I’ve noticed that I laugh more and am not so overly sensitive to the niggling little things that usually bother me. Brain fog/lack of focus comes and goes. Being snowed in doesn’t help and we had a significant number of snow days in January. Most often I feel like hibernating through the winter and so, lack of motivation almost seems normal. On the upswing, I can say with confidence that my times of sadness/feeling overwhelmed have been helped. This may sound odd, but my thought patterns are different. Instead of descending into a negative vortex of unfounded thoughts, my outlook is brighter. Instead of feeling overwhelmed with the intensity of circumstance, I can know that even though stress is present, it’s manageable and it won’t last forever -- this too shall pass.


"If I can endure for this minute
Whatever is happening to me,
No matter how heavy my heart is
Or how dark the moment may be

If I can remain calm and quiet
With all the world crashing about me,
Secure in the knowledge God loves me
When everyone else seems to doubt me

If I can but keep on believing
What I know in my heart to be true,
That darkness will fade with the morning
And that this will pass away, too

Then nothing in life can defeat me
For as long as this knowledge remains
I can suffer whatever is happening
For I know God will break all of the chains

That are binding me tight in the darkness
And trying to fill me with fear
For there is no night without dawning
And I know that my morning is near."

This Too Shall Pass, by Helen Steiner Rice



After being snowed in for a time, I got off my schedule of regular walks and hikes and I can feel the difference. Eating well, taking my supplements and exercise have been very helpful tools in working toward hormonal balance. Prayer, meditation and spending quality time with friends are equally important. In fact, I cannot overstate the positive impact friends have on emotional health. I am blessed by my friends. From the encouraging notes that come my way, to their prayers, to phone calls and personal visits --true friends are medicine for the soul.

For those who may continue to be interested in this series on women’s health, please let me know. I am committed to doing the Women to Women wellness program for 90 days and would be happy to post an update at the end of the 3 months.

Blessings to you on your own journey toward health and healing, in mind, body and spirit. †

3 comments:

E.B. said...

Yes, please, keep us updated. I am sorry you had some extra turmoil thrown in the mix - on top of snow days and all of that. But I'm encouraged to hear of some of the positive results, and I needed to keep being be reminded of the exercise, prayer times, etc.

Lola said...

Hello, I have to thank you so much for your series on hormonal imbalance. I'm 28 and I've been dealing with this for the past few months now, going back and forth, taking numerous blood tests to try and monitor and measure exactly what is wrong. All I know is I feel all these symptoms that are just not NORMAL for me. The type of fatigue, knuckle pain, depression, sleeplessness, headaches, etc that I've been experiencing are just indescribable. Just this week I was doing some research when I came across Women to Women, it sounded interesting and I read up on it but thought, well, we'll see. Today my knuckles where especially bad and I searched for knuckle pain and hormonal imbalance and it somehow brought me to your page. Imagine my pleasant surprise in finding that you've actually tried the Women to Women program. This has been God-sent.

Thank you so much for writing about this. And please do keep us updated on the 90 days.

Thanks.

amy said...

So nice to hear from you, Lola. Thank you for the comments although I'm sorry to know you're struggling with this as well...I promise to do an update on the program in the next few weeks. Please visit again!

God's blessings

Related Posts with Thumbnails