Cor gaudens exhilarat faciem
“A joyful heart lights up the face”
Although I cannot remember from where it came, a quote was read by a religious writer that went something like this, ‘if only we may have a prayer of thanksgiving to our Creator, that will be enough..’
And so, as I struggle through a very fast paced daily living, it’s time to consider some things I am most thankful for :
* being raised in a loving Christian home
* our children
* good health
* time and trust given by friends
* freedom to worship God
* reading / gift of sight and ability to learn
* food on our table
* tenderness of my husband
* wisdom and example given by the Saints
* trials that bring me closer to God
* J.R.R. Tolkien
* loyalty of my dogs
* the wild cat and doe that sleep down by the St. Francis garden
* warmth and aroma of a crackling fire
* our children’s school
* peace as only God gives... and
* the hope that always remains in Christ Jesus.
Thanks for reading... may God grant you peace and abundant gratitude in your heart this day.
* Image of Mother Teresa was found here.