Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mocha Smile






Walking into the store that day,

A weary mom found solace in a lonely

Grocery aisle...


Blessed peace of

A quiet space

Did much to ease a throbbing mind.


Funny the things you find

When heartache

Renders emotions raw...


Lifted beyond the great

Clouds of grey,

A stranger beheld


My face

And paused in kindness

Speaking seas of understanding


With the embrace

Of friendly eyes, a benevolent smile

And gentle nod.


I wonder what bewilderment

He saw that day...

Hoping his memory


Holds a glimmer

Of a thankful woman

With mocha smile.


©2010 ALT


This is part of a creative writing challenge from Magpie Tales


9 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

A nice reminder that smiling at strangers might just be a good deed!

Peter Goulding said...

I know I'm no mom but I rarely find solace in a grocery aisle!
But that's a grand take on the prompt and very uplifting. Well written

Anonymous said...

Hello, thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods. I found this to be so true as I am a mom of 6 working wife and spent most of my life doing for others. Taking a minute for myself where ever it could be found. I can take a deep breath now knowing it was worth it. Blessings
QMM

Tess Kincaid said...

I know just what you mean!

christine said...

This itself had a quiet air about it and delightful to read. I loved that line.. ' mocha smile'

Christine

Steve Capelin said...

'Speaking seas of understanding' I liked the simple gentle story in this. The mocha smile seems to continue that softness. all this in aisle 7! I must remember to be less intent on my shopping - though I must admit I love the life one finds in the supermarket. We have lots of young backpackers in our local speaking german french swedish (I'm guessing). Makes it feel a bit european in an island of English.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

what fun poem
beautiful job!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/13/because-she-is-plain-magpie-tale/

Happy Wednesday!
I write my first magpie ths week,
hope that you take a look when you are free.

Rich said...

Well done. Thanks for another smile.

Related Posts with Thumbnails