Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Blessed St. Brigid's Day to you!

St. Brigid is my patron and I've made quite a few entries about her and her cross made of rushes, as seen in the icon at left.  You can check the links listed at the bottom of this entry, on the sidebar, or type in "St. Brigid" in the search bar at upper left.   Typically the children and I weave these crosses out of pipe cleaners and share them, but this year there's no time.  Too many school projects due at week's end and we've been nursing colds and sore throats as well.  Here is a link to my favorite icon of St. Brigid,  one of several in our home.  I'll be cooking our traditional menu to celebrate this 5th century Celtic saint this evening:  Boxty pancakes, Spring Herb Quiche and Beacan Bruith with black Irish tea.  May your table be blessed with plenty and may generosity overtake your heart! 



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails